6/27/2005

Wow I actually got around to posting something


ok......I really need to get back on the ball here with this blogging thing. I have been busy with school.... trying taking 400 level college courses in eight weeks. Anyway other than that things are going well.

Erica and I went on a leaders retreat with several other Central Vineyardites to the grounds of Vineyard Central in Cincinnati a few weekends ago. It was pretty cool. We learned a lot about fixed hour prayer and contemplative prayer. These are both things that I have tried to implement in my life at different times, but it is hard when you are the only one doing it. Right now Erica and I are both trying to do it.. we will see how it works out.

I was not able to go to the Pete Grieg talk the other night, and I was totally bummed out about it. but I did get to meet him afterward as we all sat around Jeff's fire pit, chatting over a beer and a cigar... He seemed to be a pretty nice guy, we didn't talk about anything really heavy or philosophical, and that was cool. I found his books(Red Moon Rising, and The Vision and the Vow) to be very inspirational and it was important to me somehow just to know that he was a real person. That he was the person he appeared to be in through his writing... and he was. it we nice.

anyway I am blabbering on a bit. I really need to be studying for a mid term or something... seeya

Brian

1 comment:

Mark K. said...

If you've read The Vision and the Vow then you've got the content of PG's talk minus some personal anecdotes and jokes.