2/16/2007

Please Help Me Find a Home


Her name is Abbey.


She is free to a good home.

She is an eighty-five pound German Shepherd Dog. She is 8 years old and in very good health. She is fixed and current on all of her shots.

Time has come for her to live elsewhere. She has been a faithful companion to me for the last eight years. She has gotten me through a divorce, and other various life traumas. But she no longer is able to fit into the home and lifestyle that I currently find myself in.

Abbey needs to find a new home. She will need to have a special owner. One that possesses a lot of patience, a good amount of time, and a fairly large yard. She is generally well behaved, is good with children and other dogs, and is very affectionate. She does however have some issues that need to be addressed that I am not currently able to deal with. She has problems with separation anxiety. If she is not exercised and worked with enough she can be destructive. This is the reason that I am currently unable to keep her. Between work, grad school, a new wife and a new a baby, I just don't have the time and energy to devote to her that I used to. Anyone who is willing to take her will need to devote at least an hour a day to training and exercise. This can be lessoned if the new owner has a very large yard in which she can run and play in.

It is very important to me that I find her a good home. She is a good dog, just not a good dog for my current context.

if you are interested in her please contact me at briancarlson350(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Thank you

Brian Carlson

No comments: